Turkey soup with tomatoes and herbs.Servings: 1by Helenscooking29 recipes>
Great soup, if you have turkey leftovers from holidays or if you just wish to have a rich, hearty soup for lunch. Any part of turkey will be good (I cooked mine from turkey neck and some leftovers). It takes 30-40 minutes to cook and the taste is amazing. The key to great taste are tomatoes and herbs.
- 2/3 lb of Turkey meat
- 1 white onion
- 1.5 cup of boiled pinto beans (boil separately or canned rinsed very well)
- ½ can of diced tomatoes
- 2-3 potatoes
- ½ of red bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoons of basil
- ½ teaspoon of oregano
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of salt.
- 1 carrot (optional)
- 3 quarts (approx.) of water;
- 1/3 cup dill
- Prepare the vegetables: peel onion, carrot and potato. Wash everything carefully.
- Shred the carrot, cut the potato in mid-sized chunks, and finely chop the onion. Set half of onion aside.
- Wash and chop the red bell pepper.
- Take a 4 quart pan, put the turkey meat and cover it with water (approximately 3 quarts), set on medium heat and wait until it starts boiling. Take away the scum if any. Add salt, pepper, bell pepper, carrot, potato and onion. Boil for 15-20 minutes, then, add the tomatoes(canned diced tomatoes) and spices: cumin, basil, oregano. (if you have fresh herbs basil ,oregano etc. â add them at the end). Let the soup boil for 10-15 more minutes and then, just before serving add the finely chopped dill.
- Serve warm, with toasted bread or garlic bread.
Leave a review or comment