Turkey chili con carne-400
400 - 1c portions
- 64 pounds Ground turkey,raw
- 1/2 gal chili powder
- 2 cups cumin powder
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 15 gals canned kidney beans, including liquid
- 1 gal reserved liquid
- 4 gals H2O
- 3 gal Canned diced tomatoes,incl. liquid
- 14 cups tomato paste
- 12 pounds onions chopped
- 2 cups paprika
- 1/2 cup red ground pepper
- Place turkey in a large pot; cook in its own juice until it loses its pink color, stirring to break apart.Drain or skim off excess fat.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, garlic powder and red pepper. Stir into cooked turkey.
- Drain beans; reserve beans for use in Step 4. Combine bean liquid with hot water to make 2 gallons; reserve for use in Step 4.
- Add beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and onions to cooked turkey; stir well.
- Add reserved bean liquid and hot water to the beef mixture; stir. Bring to a boil; cover; reduce heat; simmer 1 hour.
- DO NOT BOIL. Stir occasionally.
- CCP: Internal temperature must reach 165 F. or higher for 15 seconds. Hold for service at 140 F. or higher.
Leave a review or comment