Turkey Apple PattiesPrep: 20 min Servings: 10by Salad Foodie406 recipes>
These breakfast or brunch sausage patties are moist and savory. No need for beef or pork here, the turkey is ideal for lighter meals. The apple and onion give each bite a little crunch and add the moistness turkey by itself can lack. This makes twenty 2" patties, and at 2 or 3 per serving as a side, there's enough to serve with a few for leftovers or freezing.
- 1 medium size tart apple, peeled & shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or bacon fat (optional - for flavor & moisture)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Place all ingredients except turkey into medium-size bowl mixing well.
- Crumble turkey over mixture and mix in well. Shape into 20 2-inch patties.
- Heat large non-stick skillet sprayed with vegetable cooking spray, or with a drizzle of cooking oil on medium heat. Cook patties in batches about 4-5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Yield 20 patties, or 10 side servings of 2 patties each.
Leave a review or comment