Tru and tried chocolate cake
Economical and delicious, ideal to sell and make a profit!
- For the cake
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 cocao powder
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2 cups sugar
- 1tsp ground cinamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup water/ milk
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- For the filling:
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tbsp butter, chopped
- 3 tbsp cream
- 1/2 cup firfmly packed caramel/ muscovado brown sugar
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- Second filling:
- 1 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla instant pudding powder
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 1/2 tsp brandy essens
- Preheat oven to 350* F/ 180*C
- Spray and line two cake pans, 10 inch diameter
- Sift dry ingredients twice
- Beat egg yolks and sugar until frothy
- Beat in the water and oil
- Add the wet ingr. To the dry, mix well
- Whisk the egg whites to reach soft points
- Using a big metal spoon, fold in the whites to the chocolate mixture
- Divide into the two pans, tap lihtly on the bottoms to remove excessive air bubbles
- Place on the middle rack of your oven and close its door carefully
- Bake for 50 minutes, but open the door before inspecting the surface of the cakes. Tey should appear to have slihtly retreated from the sides of the pan. If so, open the door SLOWLY, NB!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes before turning out onto your cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
- When cooled, use a strong length of cotton thread to slice each cake in 2 or 3 layers. Place the layers so that they will fit again when replaced.
- Using a palette knife, spread a layer of the caramel filling over the two bottom layers, followed by a layer of cream
- Sprinkle chopped nuts of your choice or roasted coconut on each
- Reassemble each cake ending with a naked layer.
- Cover the top and/ or the sides with the chocolate butter icing, or with more caramel filling, making attracktive swirling moves.
- Use the rest of the cream mixture in a piping bag to decorate the top as you please, with rosettes or a lattice pattern, depending on the amount of cream you have left.
- Arrange halved glace cherries and /or pecan nuts and a sprinkling of chocolate vermecilli over the cream to complete the picture
- Reapeat with the second cake.
- Transfer to a cake plate or container and refridgerate to allow the cream to solidify properly.
- Filling 1:
- Use a too deep microwave container and mix all the ingrdients.
- Microwave 100% 60 sec, stir mixture, repeat several minutes until a rich golden brown colour is obtained and the consistency is spreadable.
- Fiiling 2:
- Whisk the cream until it begins to thicken
- Gradually add the sugar while beating
- Add the instant pudding powder and essence , being carefull not to overmix( in which case add a little more cream)
Leave a review or comment