Traditional Flapjack RecipePrep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 8by Pamela Orbin23 recipes>
This is a delicious Old World Recipe
- 4 ½ oz Golden Syrup
- 12 oz porridge or semolina oats
- 7 oz. butter
- To begin on this flapjack recipe, first preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Next, butter up a Swiss roll tin and thereafter line its base with some baking parchment.
- Place the oats in a spacious baking bowl and add a pinch of salt. Next, pour the syrup and butter mixture over the oats and stir them in such that they are well coated. I sometimes add some desiccated coconut at this point to give my flapjacks a delightful flavor.
- Pour this mixture into the buttered tin and spread it out evenly. Your aim is to fill up the tin while ensuring that the mixture surface is evenly spread out.
- Place the mixture into your preheated oven and allow it to bake for about 25 minutes or until it turns golden brown. Check that the flapjack is slightly soft before removing it from the oven. This way, they will be able to harden as they cool.
- Place the baking tin on a wire rack for it to cool. You may then cut up your flapjacks into squares and leave them inside the tin such that they may cool.
- Serve cold.
Leave a review or comment