I created this potato dish to go with anything grilled. It has become a family staple. I always try to make a little extra for leftovers, but they seem to disappear. Adjust the Tobasco sauce to your heat tolerance. You can use more than you think since a lot drips off in the grill. If you are going to make them on the stove, use less (and open a window). It may take you some experimenting to get the heat just right. Leftovers would be great in a breakfast burrito the next morning. Would love to try that someday.
- 12-15 medium size new potatoes, cut in bite size pieces (about 2 per person)
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1/4 c Louisiana hot sauce
- A dash or 2 of Tobasco sauce, to taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Toss to coat potatoes & onions.
- Cover & microwave until about half cooked. You want the potatoes still crisp.
- Place a grill basket on a medium hot grill. Pour the potato mixture into the basket. Cover. Stir occasionally until brown and crispy.
Leave a review or comment