Three Cheese Vegetable LasagnaPrep: 25 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 10by Sofia Hendeson1 recipe>
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (28 oz.) no-salt-added tomato puree
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) no-salt-added tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 tsp. sugar (optional)
- 2 cups (15 oz.) Sargento® Light Ricotta Cheese
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp. (1/2 oz.) Sargento® Artisan Blends® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 8 oz. lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 oz.) Sargento® Chef Blends® Shredded 4 Cheese Pizzeria, divided
- Spray large skillet with nonstick vegetable spray. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add tomato puree, tomatoes, tomato liquid, mushrooms, zucchini, bell pepper, basil, red pepper flakes, oregano and salt and sugar, if desired. Heat to a boil; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine Ricotta cheese, spinach, egg whites and Parmesan cheese in bowl; set aside. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce mixture in bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Layer 3 lasagna noodles over sauce. Top with half the Ricotta cheese mixture and 2 cups sauce. Repeat layering with 3 more lasagna noodles, remaining Ricotta mixture and 2 cups sauce. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup Pizza Double Cheese. Top with remaining lasagna noodles and sauce.
- Cover with foil; bake in preheated 375°F oven 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes more. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup Pizza Double Cheese. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment