Thick and Creamy Garlic and Parsnip SoupPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Libby Louer7 recipes>
I ate a raw clove just the other night. Am I turning into a witch doctor? Possibly. But also, you know, candida. In the meantime, I thought some garlic soup could be healing. This soup is thick and very filling. Top it with something fun. Cheese. Avocado. Fresh tomato. Organic non-GMO corn chips. Whatever makes you happy.
- 1 1/2 large parsnips, or 2 small
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 medium onion
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 32 oz broth
- 14 oz coconut cream
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Peel & chop the parsnips. Chop the broccoli, onion, and garlic. Saute the garlic and coconut oil in a large soup pot for 1 minute. Add all the vegetables with the broth and spices. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until the parsnips are almost soft, about 20 min. Add coconut cream and simmer another 10 min to combine the flavors.
- In 3-4 batches, add the soup mixture to a large blender or Vitamix, filling the blender no more than 1/2 full.
- *This is really important, as the hot steam can force the top off the blender if it’s too full.
- Blend the soup until thick and creamy. Serve with your choice of toppings.
Leave a review or comment