The Best Pumpkin Bread PuddingPrep: 30 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 8by MarthaW10 recipes>
This is a great substitute for pumpkin pie on your holiday table. The golden color and red cranberries are gorgeous. Serve this plain or with a vanilla dessert sauce, whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 5 cups day old French bread torn into small pieces
- 2 cups half & half (or whole milk)
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a shallow 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl cover torn bread with half & half, set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs, sugars, pumpkin, melted butter, spices, vanilla, and dried cranberries.
- Pour pumpkin mixture over soaked bread and stir to blend.
- Let mixture sit for a half hour to absorb some of liquid.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, until bread starts to brown or until set.
Leave a review or comment