Tex-Mex Brunch BakePrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by RecipeKing176 recipes>
Tex-Mex Brunch Bake is an easy and spicy recipe for a delicious breakfast or brunch. It is also a healthy, low calories, low sugars, low carbohydrates, diabetic and Weight Watchers (5) PointsPlus per serving recipe. Ingredients include onions, green chiles, Monterey Jack cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Non-Stick cooking spray
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 (4 oz) cans whole green chiles
- 1 cup shredded hot pepper Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Dash of ground cayenne pepper
- Salsa, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Melt butter in a 10-inch skillet until sizzling; add onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in flour.
- Spray a 9-inch glass pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Slit chiles lengthwise; remove seeds, if necessary. Arrange chiles over bottom and up sides of pie pan; sprinkle with cheese.
- Beat eggs slightly in a bowl; stir in milk, garlic salt and cayenne pepper until well mixed. Stir in onion mixture; pour over cheese. Bake 25-30 minutes or until eggs are set and top is golden brown. Top with salsa, if desired.
Leave a review or comment