Swiss Cheese And Mushroom Quiche
- 1 x 10" pie crust
- 1 tsp Butter or possibly margerine
- 1 1/2 c. Minced onion
- 1/4 lb Mushrooms, sliced or possibly chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Black pepper
- Healthy pinch of thyme
- 1/2 tsp Dry mustard
- 4 lrg Large eggs (or possibly 2 whole Large eggs plus
- 2 x egg whites
- 1 1/2 c. Lowfat milk (can be lowfat)
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 1/2 c. Packed grated Swiss cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2. Heat the butter in a small pan. Add in onions, and saute/fry over mediumheat for a few min. When they begin to soften, add in mushrooms, salt, pepper, thyme, and mustard. Saute/fry about 5 min more and remove from heat.
- 3. Combine Large eggs, lowfat milk, and flour in a blender or possibly food processor, and beat well.
- 4. Spread the grated cheese over the bottom of the unbaked crust, and spread the onion-mushroom mix on top. Pour in the custard, and sprinkle top with paprika.
- 5. Bake for 35-45 min, or possibly till solid in the center. Serve warm,hot, or possibly at room temperature. -
Leave a review or comment