Sweet Potato BisquePrep: 15 min Cook: 45 min Servings: 8by Robyn Savoie381 recipes>
This soup gets its wonderfully creamy texture from pureed carrots and sweet potatoes rather than cream, a dairy product I discourage due to its high saturated-fat content.
- 4 Tbls. Butter, No Substitutes
- 1 Cup Onion, Diced
- 2 Celery Stalks, Diced
- 4 Medium Carrots, Peeled and Grated
- 6 Medium Sweet Potato, Peeled and Grated
- 8 Cups Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Tsp. Curry Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- In a large heavy bottomed soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and carrots; sauté until crisp tender. Stir in garlic, sauté 1 minute.
- Add potato, ginger, and curry; cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 - 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stir in salt.
- Pour half of soup in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining soup. A hand held emulsion blender works great for pureéing the soup.
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with hulled sunflower seeds that have been toasted.
Leave a review or comment