Sweet Pepper PoppersPrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 12by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
Welcome to our month of tailgating goodies! We love jalapeno poppers at our house and bacon AND cheese and when I was recently doing my weekly food shopping, I spied a nice bag of assorted sweet peppers. I decided that they would be perfect for my first tailgating food creation for September. This recipe could easily be made ahead of time or just before you go to the event and kept warm. If you have a grill at your tailgating event wrap the whole bunch of them in tinfoil to keep warm.
- 12 small sweet peppers
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
- 1/2 pound sausage, browned and drained
- 6 strips of bacon cut in half (this will give you 12 pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, spray a baking sheet lightly with cooking spray.
- Wash and prepare your peppers by cutting the top off and making a slice down one side so that you can carefully open them up and scoop out the seeds (discard these). After browning and making sure you have drained the sausage off combine it with the cream cheese. Stir until well mixed. Spoon this mixture into each of the 12 peppers. Wrap each pepper with a piece of the bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on the baking sheet with the bacon “seams” on the bottom. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the bacon starts to crisp. Remove from heat and place in a container for transport!
Leave a review or comment