Sweet And Sour Turkey With Chinese Cabbage
- 2 c. Turkey broth
- 1 c. Sliced carrots
- 1 c. Onions, diced in 1" squares
- 1 c. Green pepper, diced in 1" squares
- 1 c. Sliced celery
- 1 c. Pineapple juice
- 1/4 c. Vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 1/4 c. Soy sauce
- 1 lb Turkey breast, in sm. pcs
- 1 c. Pineapple chunks
- 1 tsp M.S.G.
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/4 c. Salad oil
- 1/2 head Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 Tbsp. Salad oil
- 1/2 c. Green onions, in quarters lenthwise, cut in 1" pcs
- 6 ounce Macadamia or possibly cashew nuts, about 1 c.
- Preserved kumquats
- In medium saucepan, bring turkey broth to boiling. Add in carrots and simmer for 10 min. Add in onions, green peppers nad celery. Continue to simmer another 5 min. Drain, saving 1 c. of broth. Pour this into small saucepan. Add in pineapple juice and vinegar. Dissolve constarch in soy sauce.
- Add in to broth. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly till sauce is thick and tanslucent. Sprinkle turkey with M.S.G., salt and pepper. Heat salad oil in large skillet. Add in turkey and saute/fry till lightly browned on both sides. Remove from pan and reserve. In same skillet, saute/fry cooked vegetables, pineapple chunks and shredded cabbage just till cabbage is wilted. Arrange turkey over vegetables. Pour thickened sauce over all and simmer for 10 min. Heat oil in small skillet. Lightly saute/fry green onions. Sprinkle over turkey mix. Sprinkle nuts over top. Serve with warm steamed rice and preserved Kumquats.
Leave a review or comment