Sweet And Sour Turkey Meatballs
- 2 x Egg whites
- 1 1/4 lb Grnd turkey
- 3 Tbsp. Fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tsp Onion pwdr
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 1 can Crushed pineapple - (16 ounce)
- 1/4 c. (firmly packed) Brown sugar
- 1/4 c. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 lrg Green pepper cut into 1/4" strips
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- In a large bowl, beat egg whites slightly. Add in turkey, bread crumbs, and onion pwdr. Mix well. Form into 24 meatballs. Heat oil in large skillet. Cook meatballs in skillet over medium-high heat till brown. Drain oil.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set aside pineapple. Add in sufficient water to reserved juice to make 1 c. liquid. In a bowl, combine juice/water mix, brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce. Mix and pour over meatballs in skillet. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 min, stirring occasionally. Stir in pineapple and green peppers. Cover and simmer 10 min. In a c., mix cornstarch and water. Stir into skillet. Simmer 5 min more, stirring constantly till sauce is thickened and clear. Serve over rice.
- Serving size is 4 meatballs and 1/6 of the sauce.
Leave a review or comment