Sweet And Sour Pork Or Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp. Kikkoman soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless pork or possibly chicken breast, cut into about 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut oil or possibly vegetable oil
- 2 x carrots, scraped and thinly sliced
- 1 x Vidalia or possibly sweet type onion, peeled, chunked
- 1 x sweet green bell pepper, seeded chunked
- 1 c. sweet and sour Sauce
- 1 can (8 ounce.) pineapple chunks, liquid removed and liquid reserved
- Blend cornstarch and soy sauce in small bowl; stir in pork or possibly chicken till well coated. Brown meat in warm oil in Dutch oven or possibly large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir in 1/4 c. juice from pineapple plus water. Cover and simmer 20 min, stirring occasionally. Stir carrots, onion, bell pepper and sweet & sour sauce into pork mix.
- Simmer, covered, 10 min longer, stirring frequently.
- Add in pineapple; cook and stir only till chunks are heated through.
Leave a review or comment