Sweet and Sour CrabsPrep: 60 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 1by Cindy6 recipes>
This sweet sour crabs were so delicious, we ate it with toasted bread, so yummy :) But the sauce seems not enough for us, next time I'll double up the sauce. I used grated garlic and ginger, cause I wanted the gravy to be smooth, I don't like to bite the chopped garlic and ginger.
- 4 crabs about 1.5kg
- Oil for deep frying
- some cornflour
- 11/2 tbsp grated garlic
- 11/2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp chilli sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- Put the live crab into a plastic bag, tie up the bag, then put in freezer.
- Freeze it for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take out and wash clean the crabs.
- Put all the cleaned crabs into colander, let the water drips off.
- Heat a wok with oil,toss the crabs with some cornflour.
- Deep fry the crabs, until they turn red, and cooked. Dish and drain.
- Leave about 2 tbsp oil in a wok, stir-fry grated ginger and garlic until aromatic.
- Add in the sauce, let the sauce boils, then add in the fried crabs.
- Lastly thicken with eggs.Dish up and serve.
Leave a review or comment