Super Bowl Sirloin Soft TacosPrep: 5 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Patti Fisher68 recipes>
Patti and I have set one night a week just for us. It’s our date night. We usually put something special on the grill but sometimes we cook inside. We always eat outside on our patio where it is very comfortable with a rainforest theme. Wood burning stove, little lights, candles, lanterns and surround sound. We enjoy a little wine, or strawberry margaritas using frozen strawberries for ice, good food, music and sometimes a dance or two… We wanted something easy and great we could do tailgaiting or just hanging out with friends on the couch for Super Bowl.
- 2-3 pound sirloin steak
- Jac’s Tailgaters Smokin’ Dust Chipotle Seasoning
- Salsa Verde
- 2 or 3 sweet peppers, sliced (we like the color they add)
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Shredded cheese, of choice
- Sour cream, to taste
- Package of tortillas (we like flour)
- I marinated a sirloin steak overnight in our Smoked Salsa Verde. (You can use any marinade you like for tacos) Then, I put the steak on the Royall 3000 to smoke for 30 minutes; if you canât smoke it you will miss a lot of that good smoky flavor. But, you can still grill it on a hot grill.
- After 30 minutes I pulled the steak off the grill and turned it up all the way. When it came above 400 degrees I put this one for 10 minutes per side for medium rare.
- I sliced up my onions and peppers and put them on the grill in a cast iron skillet when I start the grill. They are usually ready when the meat is.
- For gas grill and oven conversions check out our web site at: www.datenightdoins.com
Leave a review or comment