Sunny Side ToastServings: 1by Wendi Taylor51 recipes>
Also referred to as eggs in a basket, this traditional English recipe is a great way to start the morning.
- 6 eggs
- 6 slices bread
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Lay the bread on a cutting board and cut a circle out of the center (the easiest way to do this is with a cookie cutter or the rim of a glass).
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in skillet.
- Working in batches (however many slices will fit in your skillet) lay bread in the hot skillet and allow to cook for about 30 seconds, then flip.
- Crack an egg into the hole in the center of each slice of bread.
- Continue cooking until eggs have reached desired texture.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, cinnamon, and powdered sugar to taste on each.
- Circles cut from center of bread can be cooked in a similar manner and served with the toast.
- Top with pancake syrup if desired.
Leave a review or comment