SUGAR sweetie BUTTER cookiesServings: 28by Foodessa345 recipes>
Sugar and butter get whipped with few ingredients to offer a soft center encased by a crunchy outer bite. For a dedicated post...refer to: https://www.foodessa.com/2018/12/sugar-sweetie-butter-cookies-2-recipes.html
- . > (American / Metric measures)<
- . 3/4 cup (180g) unsalted butter, very softened
- . 1 cup (110g) granulated sugar
- . 1 tsp. (5ml) pure Vanilla extract
- . 1 xLarge egg (room temp.)
- . 1 small orange, finely zested (optional)
- . 2 cups + 2 Tbsps. (300g) All-Purpose flour
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) baking powder
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) sea salt
- . Topping or Filling suggestions: > colored sugar or candy sprinkles for drop cookies >> thumbprint fillings: jam, caramel, chocolate spread >>> icing: use 'ROYAL icing' for best results
- . Position the rack in the center of the oven. Pre-heat the oven to 350F/180C/Gas4. Parchment line 2 large baking pans.
- . In a medium bowl, SIFT together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- . In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and vanilla together until very fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add in the egg and beat for about 1 more minute.
- . On LOW-MEDIUM speed, gradually add in the flour mix. Do not over mix because the dough will toughen. Note - if making cut-out cookies: plastic wrap the dough into a disc and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- . For DROP cookies: With the aid of a mini ice-cream scoop (#60), pack in the dough and level off each portion before releasing. Place 14 cookies per prepared baking sheet. Gently roll each one before lightly flattening them with the tine of a fork. Sprinkle each cookie with colored sugar or candy. BAKE them for 14 minutes. Leave them to cool on the pan and then transfer to a metal rack. Repeat with the next pan.
- Storing: Cookies will generally keep in an airtight tin for about 2 weeks or 2 months in the freezer.
- . Flavourful baking wishes from Claudia's kitchen...Foodessa.com
Leave a review or comment