Sugar Donut MuffinsPrep: 20 min Cook: 18 min Servings: 10by Reeni11 recipes>
A soft and tender cake muffin with a crusty coating of sugar on the outside that will melt in your mouth like a little bite of heaven.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking power
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup milk (low fat is fine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and egg until light in color.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg. Pour into egg mixture and stir to combine. Pour in vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract.
- Divide batter evenly into 10 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- While muffins are baking, melt butter and pour remaining sugar into a small bowl.
- When muffins are done, lightly brush the top of each with some melted butter, remove from the pan and roll in sugar. Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 10 regular muffins or about 30 mini muffins.
Leave a review or comment