Sugar and Butter Free Apple CakePrep: 30 min Cook: 1 hours Servings: 10by Hungry Jenny474 recipes>
Despite having no butter or sugar, this recipe creates a really moist and sweet cake that you don't need to feel guilty about eating. So bake two loaves because it will go very quickly!
- Makes 1 loaf:
- 300g mixed fruit
- 2 apples + 1 tbsp cinnamon (OR 200ml applesauce)
- 50ml apple juice concentrate
- 175ml vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Pinch of salt
- Cover the mixed fruit with water in a pan and boil gently until all the water is absorbed. Drain and cool.
- If you're making the applesauce, dice the apples (leave skin on), and place in a pan with the cinnamon. Add water to cover the apples halfway. Bring to the boil, then simmer until you can mash it up.
- Mix the applesauce, concentrate, oil, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Sift the rest of the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then fold in the mixed fruit.
- Fold in the apple mixture, then transfer to your cake tin.
- Bake at 175 degrees C for about an hour.
Leave a review or comment