Stuffed mushroomsPrep: 10 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 8by Easy Cook - Laka kuharica488 recipes>
Very light and tasty appetizer to be served on it's own or in a mouthwatering combination with Polenta triangles!
- 280 g spinach, stalks removed, washed
- 500 g medium cap mushrooms
- 25 g butter
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 25 g bacon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tbs double cream
- 4 tbs Cheddar or similar cheese, grated
- 2 tbs homemade breadcrumbs
- Parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Put the spinach in a pan, cover and cook for 4-5 minutes, until just wilted. Place it in a colander and squeeze out as much liquid as possible, then chop finely.
- Snap the stalks from the mushrooms and chop the stalks finely.
- Melt butter in a pan, add the onion, bacon and mushroom stalks to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, cook for a few seconds, then remove the pan from the heat. Stir in cream, season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the mushroom caps with melted butter and place, gills uppermost, in a single layer in the greased (with butter) ovenproof dish.
- Divide the spinach mixture among the mushrooms.
- Mix together the cheese and breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the mushrooms. Bake the stuffed mushrooms at 190°C for 20 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve warm.
Leave a review or comment