Stuffed Clam AppetizersPrep: 20 min Cook: 35 min Servings: 20by RecipeKing54 recipes>
Stuffed Clam Appetizers is a delicious recipe which combines a packaged herb seasoned stuffing mix, bacon, onions and Parmesan cheese. A fantastic option for your large dinner parties, events and holidays. It is also a healthy, low calories, low fat, low sodium, low cholesterol, low carbohydrates, heart-healthy and Weight Watchers (2) PointsPlus recipe.
- 24 cherrystone clams, scrubbed
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- 2. Open the clams. Remove and discard the top shells. Arrange the clams in a 3 quart-size shallow baking dish.
- 3. Cook bacon in a 10″ skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- 4. Add the butter, onion and garlic powder to the hot bacon drippings and cook until onion is tender. Stir the stuffing, cheese, parsley and cooked bacon into the skillet; mix lightly. Divide stuffing mixture evenly among the clams.
- 5. Bake for 20 minutes or until clams are cooked through.
Leave a review or comment