Stuffed Chili Rellenos
- GUY ATTWOOD
- 1 can Whole Ortega chilies
- Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 6 ounce Crab,and/or possibly cooked and diced
- 1/2 lb Very sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 3 x Large eggs
- 1/4 c. Lowfat milk, please use whole lowfat milk
- 1 Tbsp. Bisquick, heaping
- 1 tsp Flour, for dusting cheeses
- Drain the chilies. Plan about 4 per person. Open each chili flat. In the bottom of a well buttered glass oven dish; place a layer of chilies. Dust the jack cheese with a small amount of flour. Mix together the crab and/or possibly shrimp with the Jack cheese. Place a thin layer of this mix over the bottom layer of chilies.
- Place another layer of chilies on top and repeat process ending with a top layer of chilies.
- Cook in a 375*F oven for 7-10 min; uncovered.
- Remove from oven and reduce heat to 300*F. Mix together the batter-you may have to double the batter to be sure you cover the dish well-and pour over the chilies. Add in the cheddar cheese and cook, COVERED, slowly in a 300*F oven till done. You will know it is done when a knife inserted in the middle comes out relatively clean. If the center does not set up completely after about 30 min, do not worry just serve it up with a salad and, I like corn with it.
Leave a review or comment