Pre-steamed cabbage leaves stuffed with ground beef and hcg veggies. This uses your meat allowance, your veggies and your bread (melba toast) allowances.
- 4 large pre-steamed cabbage leaves (steamed enough to be pliable)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 can no sugar stewed tomatoes, or three well cut up medium tomatoes (with juices)
- 4 slices melba toast, crushed fine
- Steam whole cabbage leaves until soft and pliable.
- Mix ground beef with onion, toast crumbs and 1/3 can stewed tomatoes, cut up if too big to mix in
- Divide the mixture into 4 or 5 mini loaves.
- Wrap each loaf in a cabbage leaf and place in skillet with the remaining stewed tomatoes.
- Check and add water occasionally to prevent sticking or burning. Cook approximately 1 hr.
Leave a review or comment