(Stuffed) Ampalaya con CarnePrep: 20 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
My version of ampalaya guisado. This recipe will make sour -- easier and more fun for kids to eat.
- 2 big pieces ampalaya (bitter gourd)
- 1/2 kilo ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 medium rips tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can green peas (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup broth (beef cubes dissolved in hot water)
- Wash the ampalaya, cut into 2-inch length (tube-like), seeded, set aside.
- Heat your non-stick pan and put the ground beef , stir fry for 3-5mins.
- Saute garlic, onion, and tomatoes in the beef's oil for 1-2 mins.
- Mix the beef together with the rest.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the green peas and keep stir frying.
- Set aside to cool.
- Stuff the ampalaya logs with the cooked ground beef mix. Make sure you fill them tightly.
- Arrange each ampalaya logs onto a shallow casserole with lid.
- Pour in beef broth and let it simmer until ampalaya is tender to your liking.
- Serve with steamed rice.
Leave a review or comment