Stir-Fry Celery with Fresh SquidPrep: 20 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 6by kitchen flavours25 recipes>
This is another Chinese stir-fry dish that I really enjoy. The celery and the squids are cooked separately and then combined in the final stir-fry, as the squids will get tough when overcooked. If you are like me, as I love stir-fry vegetables where they remain crisp and fresh, then try this dish.
- Stir-Fry Celery with Fresh Squids
- 3 medium squids, cleaned and cut into rings
- 3 stalks of celery, sliced to about 3mm thickness on the diagonal
- 1 small carrot, cut to half lengthwise and sliced to 3mm thickness on the diagonal
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
- dash of white pepper
- 1/2 tsp chicken powder seasoning
- Heat about 1 tbsp oil and saute half of the minced garlic till light brown and fragrant. Add in the celery and carrots, about 2 tbsp water, stir, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, until vegetable is cooked but still remain crunchy. Dish out and keep aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil and saute remaining minced garlic till light brown and fragrant. Add in the squids, stir for about a minute and add in the celery and carrots, water, salt, chicken powder seasoning and pepper to taste.
- Keep on stirring for about 3 more minutes until squid is cooked and tender. Do not overcook squid. Dish out and enjoy with plain white rice.
Leave a review or comment