Steamed Salmon with Bok ChoyPrep: 15 min Cook: 9 min Servings: 2by Julia Ann Souders60 recipes>
A healthy one-dish meal without extra oil or fat added. Gain the benefits of omega-3, protein of salmon and zero bok choy calories. ©2007-2014 Netta Belle’s Choice® cookbookinabox® “Reg. U.S. Pat. & Trdmk.Off.” Reg. “Trade-marks Canadian Intellectual Property Office.” nettabelleschoice.com and cookbookinabox.com All rights reserved.
- 2 5-6 ounce frozen or fresh salmon filets
- 1 head of bok choy, also called Chinese cabbage
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Prepare in a microwave casserole.
- Wash and remove scales from salmon.
- Marinate in 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Thoroughly wash bok choy to remove dirt and grit.
- Cut leaves and stalk in half lengthwise, slice into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Place bok choy in the bottom of casserole.
- Drain and dry salmon, place on top of bok choy.
- In a small bowl, mix ginger, soy sauce and lemon juice.
- Pour over salmon and bok choy.
- Cover with plastic wrap, leaving corner uncovered to vent.
- Microwave dish 5-9 minutes on high.
- Test for doneness: check if salmon is flaky when pricked with fork.
Leave a review or comment