Squash Tortelloni In Roasted Vegetable Broth
- roasted vegetable broth, (separate recipe)
- 1/2 lrg or possibly 1 small butternut or possibly, sweet dumpling squas
- 1/4 lb ), halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 c. fmely niinced shallots
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup
- salt and freshly grnd pepper
- 2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 lrg Large eggs
- 3 lrg egg yolks, (1 mixed with 1, Tbsp. lowfat milk, for
- fine semolina or possibly polenta, for dusting
- thyme sprigs, for garnish
- 1. Prepare broth. Heat oven to 450'. To make filling, roast squash, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet, for 30 min. Remove from oven; when cold sufficient to handle, scoop out flesh and mash it.
- 2. In a sauteepan over low heat heat butter, add in shallots and thyme.
- Sauteefor 2 to 3 min, then add in mashed squash, syrup, and salt and pepper to taste; continue cooking for 5 min. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 3. To make dough, place flour in a mound on a clean surface. Make a well and add in the whole Large eggs, 2 yolks, 1 t salt, and 1 Tablespoons water. Mix egg and water with a fork till most of the flour is incorporated. Form dough into a ball and knead till it is hard, smooth, and elastic, about 5 min.
- 4. Divide dough into 4 pcs, shaping each piece into a flat round, and wrap in plastic to keep from drying.
- 5. Dust both sides of 1 piece of dough with flour and feed it through a pasta maker on the widest setting. Fold into thirds; repeat 3 times. Continue feeding dough through machine without folding, dusting both sides lightly with flour each time, once on each setting, from widest to narrowest.
- 6. Place sheet of pasta on a lightly floured surface and cut into 3-by-3-inch squares with a pasta wheel or possibly sharp knife. Lightly brush each square with egg wash. Place 1 t of filling in the center of each square; fold down the top point to create a triangle. Gently press edges to seal. Brush the point opposite the longest edge with egg wash; fold down the other points to the center and press together. As you complete each tortelloni, place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment and dusted with semolina. (Do not allow tortelloni to touch.)
- 7. Repeat from step 5 with remaining dough till filling is used up.
- Dust tortelloni with semolina, cover with a towel, and chill till ready to use.
- 8. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add in salt, and cook tortelloni till al dente, about 5 min.
- 9. Place 6 tortelloni in each of 6 bowls; pour broth over them, and garnish with 2 thyme sprigs.
Leave a review or comment