Squash Snickerdoodle shell cookiesServings: 30by Foodessa320 recipes>
Here's another delicious cookie made with squash adapting to the 'snickerdoodle' style cookie. Bonus: no eggs required. For a detailed post...refer to:\ https://www.foodessa.com/2018/10/fall-in-cookie-serenity.html
- . > Part-1:
- . 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- . 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- . 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- . 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- . 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- . 1/8 tsp. baking soda
- . 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- . > Part-2
- . 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- . 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- . 1/4 cup brown sugar
- . 1/2 cup mashed Squash or Pumpkin puree
- . 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- . > Coating:
- . 6 Tbsps. granulated sugar
- . 2 tsps. ground cinnamon spice
- . In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all the ingredients from Part-1. Set aside.
- . In another medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the softened butter until creamy. Add sugars and also beat until fluffy. Add the mashed squash and vanilla and beat until well-combined.
- . Gradually put in the ingredients from Part-1, beating after each addition. Transfer the dough to the freezer and chill for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
- . Preheat the oven to 375F. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- . > ASSEMBLY: In a medium, round pan, combine the coatings. With the aid of a small melon ball size ice-cream scoop, form a few 1" balls and coat them very generously with the sugar-cinnamon blend.63. Place on prepared cookie sheet, then flatten slightly with the bottom a slotted spoon.
- Technique: At the start of the dough ball, press with the wider end of spoon. As you flatten, rock and drop the cookie gently off the spoon. Or, just flatten with a glass with a preferable patterned bottom.
- . BAKE for 8 minutes. Let them cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- . Happy baking from Claudia's kitchen....FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment