Sprouted Rice and Beet SaladServings: 4by Rene Astudillo112 recipes>
Few people would ever think of rice as a salad. It is usually consumed as a staple along with other dishes like meat, seafood or vegetables. Recently, I have been enjoying a new-found favorite -- sprouted rice. It has the nutty texture of whole grain or wild rice. So I thought of preparing dish using sprouted rice, but we're in the middle of summer and I knew I had to come up with some kind of salad. But with rice? Well, it turned out to be delightful combined with red beets, green peas, and other healthy ingredients. At first I didn't know what to call it, but what's in a name when what you have in front of you is a healthy, refreshing salad that's just perfect on a warm day. I served it warm, but I am absolutely sure that this salad will be as great after being chilled in the refrigerator.
- 2 cups sprouted rice (or a mixture of white and sprouted rice)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup red beets, julienned
- 2/3 cup green peas, slightly boiled
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashew nuts
- 1 boiled egg, sliced
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- Honey mustard salad dressing
- 1/3 cup steamed bokchoy, thinly cut into ribbons
- In a rice cooker, mix rice with coconut milk and water and cook according to rice cooker directions.
- Transfer cooked rice into a bowl, fluff with a fork and let cool.
- On a salad plate, place desired amount of rice. Top with beets, green peas, cashew nuts, egg slices, goat cheese and bokchoy.
- Drizzle with honey mustard dressing.
Leave a review or comment