Spring Vegetable Ragout With A Yuzu Mousseline
- 1 x egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. Sake
- 1/4 c. yuzu juice
- 1/2 c. clarified butter
- 1/4 c. heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 2 Tbsp. frzn yuzu peel, minced
- 1 c. green asparagus, cleaned and blanched
- 1 c. white asparagus, cleaned, peeled and blanched
- 1/4 c. pearl onions, blanched and peeled
- 1/2 c. baby carrots, cleaned, peeled and blanched
- 1/2 c. baby turnips, cleaned, peeled and blanched
- 1/2 c. green beans, trimmed and blanched
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 c. vegetable stock
- Combine egg yolk, sake, and yuzu juice in a heat proof bowl or possibly the top of a double boiler and set over barely simmering water. Using a whisk, beat till pale, light and thick, for about 3 min. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in clarified butter till mix is thick. Mix in yuzu peel and whipped cream.
- Ragout:Add in butter and extra virgin olive oil to a large fry pan over medium heat. Saute/fry vegetables for 2 min and add in vegetable stock. Continue to cook till vegetables are heated through and nicely glazed. Season with salt and freshly grnd white pepper.
- Assembly:Divide vegetables among 4 large bowls and top with yuzu mousseline. Serve immediately.
Leave a review or comment