Split Pea Soup With Pork RibsPrep: 10 min Cook: 90 min Servings: 5by Jenny30 recipes>
Another great soup for cold weather! Hearty, thick and most of all delicious! Serve with a slice of buttered toast or any bread of your choice. If you like stronger flavours, use smoked ribs.
- Dried Split pea (soaked in water overnight)
- 500g Pork Ribs
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2-3 Carrots
- 1 ½ l Water
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook the ribs in water for 30 minutes (use medium to large sauce pan).
- Add salt, carrots, onion and split peas. Reduce the heat and simmer until all the vegetables are soft.
- Take out the ribs, let them cool a bit and remove the bones. Place the meat back into the soup. Taste it. Add pinch of black pepper and some more salt if required.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with your favourite bread.
- Happy Cooking with HappyFoods Tube!
Leave a review or comment