Split Pea SoupPrep: 5 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 4by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
- 16 oz. dried green peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup carrots
- 1 cup Italian parsley
- 3-4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion – grilled
- Sour cream
- Prepare dried split peas as directed on package.
- Place the chopped carrots, Italian parsley and garlic in a food processor and give a few good chops.
- Heat a soup pot with the olive oil. Add the processed vegetables and sauté for a minute or two. Add the prepared peas, chicken broth and seasonings.
- Simmer on low for at least an hour.
- Cool the soup down. When the soup is cool enough; place in the food processor and give a few good chops.
- Reheat the soup.
- When ready to serve, heat a small sauce pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the sliced onions; season with salt and pepper and grill until slightly golden.
- Serve the soup topped with the grilled onion and a spoonful of sour cream.
Leave a review or comment