Split Green Peas (Yellow Moong Dhal) & Sago PayasamPrep: 45 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 3by Navaneetham Krishnan370 recipes>
A creamy dessert and beautifully infused with ghee, cashew nuts and dried black currants.
- 1 cup split green peas/yellow moong dhal -soaked for 2-3 hours.
- 1/4 cup sago - soaked in water for 1 hour and rinsed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3-4 cardamoms- remove skin and crush the pods.
- 2 tbsp ghee (or as per taste)
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts - break into smaller pieces
- 2 tbsp dried black currants
- 1/4 tsp saffron strands
- Palm sugar/white sugar as needed - simmer with water for a thick syrup.
- Simmer peas with 2 cups of water till half cooked.
- Slowly stir in sago and simmer.
- When peas are soften and sago becomes translucent,
- Add cardamom, saffron strands and coconut milk.
- Stir and before it boils, off the heat.
- In a pan, heat ghee and temper cashews and currants.
- Pour over payasam and stir in.
- Served with palm/white sugar syrup
Leave a review or comment