Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms with Toasted Pine Nuts
This dish is superb! Your friends and family will love this tasty treat as as appetizer or a side!
- 12-15 Stuffing mushrooms
- 1 recipe Lemon Herb Marinade
- 1 Tbl Olive oil
- ¼ C Shallots, minced
- ½ C Portabello mushrooms, diced
- 1 small bunch Spinach, steamed & drained to yield ½ C
- ¼ C Tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp Basil, minced
- 1 tsp Italian parsley, minced
- 1 ½ tsp Nutritional yeast
- ¾ tsp shoyu (optional)
- ½ tsp Mirin
- ½ tsp Garlic, minced
- Pinch Crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, ground to taste
- 3 Tbl Bread crumbs for garnish
- 3 Tbl Pine nuts, toasted for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 375Â°. Wipe clean stuffing mushrooms, remove any stems and place in a shallow baking dish with Lemon Herb Marinade for 20 minutes or longer.
- 2. While mushrooms are marinating, place oil in a small sautÃ© pan on medium high heat. Add shallots and portabello mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add tomatoes and spinach and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients, except pine nuts and bread crumbs, mix well and remove from heat.
- 3. Spoon a small amount of mixture into each mushroom, top with breadcrumbs and pine nuts, bake until mushrooms are slightly soft, approximately 10 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
- Serve on its own or serve with a dipping sauce of Roasted Red Pepper Sauce, Nut Cheez or Live Alfreda Sauce
Leave a review or comment