Spinach Salad with Cranberries and Candied WalnutsPrep: 20 min Servings: 10by Kyle Dalakas100 recipes>
Here is an easy, beautiful side salad to go with your Holiday meal! Festive and refreshing with a honey vinaigrette dressing, this goes with any main course!
- 2 Pounds Fresh Spinach, washed and dried
- 2/3 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Candied Walnuts (recipe below)
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/8 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/8 Cup Honey
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- Candy the walnuts: Place the walnuts with the 1/4 cup of sugar in a non stick skillet. Turn heat to medium high. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon for about 3-4 minutes or until the sugar has melted and coated the walnuts. Place the walnuts on a greased sheet of foil. Separate with two forks and let cool while you assemble the salad.
- Wash and dry spinach. Place in large bowl. Add dried cranberries and walnuts.
- Make your dressing: In a cruet, combine the olive oil, apple cider vinegar and honey. Shake well.
- Dress salad just before serving.
Leave a review or comment