Spinach And Sunflower Seed Salad
- 150 ml Cider vinegar, (1/4 pint)
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 100 gm Dry apricots, (4oz)
- 150 gm Sunflower seeds, (5z)
- 2 Tbsp. Tamari
- 750 gm Young leaf spinach, torn into bite sized pcs (1 1/2lbs)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- Reserved juice from the apricots
- 1 tsp Coarsely grnd black pepper
- Bring the vinegar just to the boil in a small pan, remove from the heat and add in the lemon juice and apricots. Leave to soak for about 30 min, stirring occasionally. Then, drain over a bowl, reserving the juice. Chop the apricots.
- Put the seeds in a heavy, dry frying pan and stir gently over medium heat till just turning golden brown. Remove from the heat and quickly fold in the tamari -it will sizzle a lot and go sticky. Then, straight away, pour the mix from the pan onto a cold plate or possibly greaseproof paper (wax paper).
- Put the spinach into a serving bowl and add in the minced apricots.
- Whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, reserved apricot juice and black pepper and add in to the spinach, apricots and sunflower seeds. Combine gently and serve.
Leave a review or comment