Spicy Salmon And Shrimp Eggs Benedict
- 4 x skinless salmon fillets - (4 ounce ea)
- 16 lrg shrimp - (to 20) peeled, deveined
- 1/4 c. Cajun or possibly Creole seasoning blend
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 x English muffin halves toasted, and
- lightly buttered
- 8 slc ripe tomato
- 4 x poached Large eggs
- 3 x egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. butter melted and warm
- To make hollandaise sauce, place egg yolks, mustard and lemon juice in a blender or possibly food processor and process till well blended. While motor is running, add in warm butter, a few drops at a time and then increasing to a slow, steady stream till all butter is incorporated and sauce is smooth.
- Season salmon and shrimp with seasoning blend. Heat oil in a large skillet and lightly brown salmon on 1 side. Flip over and add in prawns to pan. Continue cooking till salmon and prawns are just cooked.
- For each serving, place 2 English muffin halves on each plate. Top with 2 tomato slices. Add in 1 piece salmon and 4 to 5 prawns. Top with 1 poached egg. Drizzle sauce over top.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.
- Comments: If you've ever tried to make hollandaise sauce using the classic method of whisking the ingredients constantly over a double boiler, you know how tedious it can be. Well, you have got to try my blender version of hollandaise sauce. It's fool-proof (aka Scott-proof) and only takes about 1 minute. After you have made the basic sauce, try playing with the recipe by adding herbs, shallots, cheese, etc.
Leave a review or comment