Spicy Paprika Chicken BraiseServings: 10by Kyra Martin119 recipes>
Generally I'm not a spicy food lover, but the flavor of this was amazing! If you like you're food spicier, feel free to add more paprika or chili flake.
- Enough chicken for your family (I used 8 thighs and 2 breasts and had more then enough of the sauce to cover that)
- 4 T oil
- 2 T butter
- 2 onions, diced
- pinch of sugar
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 green bell peppers
- 3 T tomato paste
- 3 T paprika (I used Hungarian)
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp dry marjoram
- 1 1/2 c chicken broth
- 1 c sour cream (light or fat-free is fine)
- 1 1/2 T flour
- parsley as garnish
- In a large pot, heat the butter and oil.
- Add the diced onion, sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper and cook until clear.
- Stir in the peppers, tomato paste, paprika, red pepper flake.
- Add the chicken and nestle into the veggie mix.
- Sprinkle with marjoram and add the chicken broth.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook until the chicken is done. About 50 minutes, but it will depend on the type of chicken you use. Don't be afraid to cut into one to see if it's done.
- Remove the chicken when it's cooked heat the sauce to a boil.
- Stir in the sour cream and flour.
- Stir in parsley and return the chicken to the pot.
- If you wish serve over rice, or eat as is!
Leave a review or comment