Spicy Beef KababsPrep: 20 min Cook: 5 min Servings: 9by Nancy Miyasaki193 recipes>
This yummy dish can be served as an appetizer or a main dish with rice.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef or lamb
- 1 large onion, finely minced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 2 serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground red pepper (less for mild flavor)
- 1 tsp salt
- Heat grill to medium high
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix
- Oil hands lightly and shape the mixture into 9 flat sausages about 4 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide, and 1 inch thick. Thread a skewer through each sausage lengthwise.
- Grill until browned and just cooked through, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Or...broil on a slotted broiling tray for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Serve with Lavash, Pita or Nan and Raita
Leave a review or comment