Spiced Chipotle Honey Chicken Breasts with Sweet PotatoesServings: 6by Chez la mere373 recipes>
courtesy from In the Kitchen with a Good Appetite, by Melissa Clark and http://www.pink-parsley.com/ Thanks for the recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes (10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 4 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbs honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 lbs)
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the sweet potatoes in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, chipotles, garlic, honey, vinegar, salt, cumin, and cinnamon. Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 2 teaspoons of the paste. Toss with the sweet potatoes.
- Scatter the potatoes on the bottom of a roasting pan, and bake 15 minutes. Meanwhile, rub the chicken breasts with the remaining paste.
- Stir the potatoes. Carefully place the chicken on top of the sweet potatoes, and continue to roast until the chicken is just cooked through (registers 165 on an instant read thermometer), about 15-20 minutes longer
- Divide the potatoes and chicken evenly among serving plates and drizzle with remaining honey and garnish with cilantro. Serve.
Leave a review or comment