Spice Cake Recipe
I love this because u don't need any eggs for this recipe.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 Tablespoons white or cider vinegar
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- How To Make Spice Cake and Spice Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Butter or spray one 9 X 13 - inch baking pan, or prepare 24-30 cupcake tins with paper liners. If using two 9 X 2 - inch round cake pans, spray or butter the pans, and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift flour, corn starch, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, cloves and salt into a medium size bowl. Add brown sugar and blend, breaking up lumps as needed and set aside.
- With mixer on medium speed, whisk canola oil, vinegar and water together.
- With mixer on low - medium speed, add half the dry ingredients to the liquid ingredients, alternating again, and scraping as needed between additions. Mix until batter is nice and smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans, or divide evenly between the cupcake tins.
- Bake round cake layers for 25 - 30 minutes, 9 X 13 - pan for 40 - 45 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean. Bake cupcakes for approximately 20 - 25 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool 9 X 13 - inch cake and cupcakes completely on wire racks before frosting or freezing. Cool round layers 10 minutes before loosening, then remove them from the pans, and cool completely.
- The cake, layers and cupcakes can be double wrapped in plastic and frozen for later use.
Leave a review or comment