Southwestern Cube Steak DinnerPrep: 5 min Cook: 15 min Servings: 2by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
This colorful entree makes dinner for two extra special. The subtle blend of flavors seasons the steaks just right. You can easily replace the beef with chicken, pork, or venison cutlets.
- 1/2 Lb. Beef Cube Steaks (4 Oz. Each)
- 2 Tbsp. Canola Oil, Divided
- 1/4 Tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1/8 Tsp. Salt
- 1/8 Tsp. Ground Cayenne or Chipotle Pepper
- 2 Slices Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Sliced Onion
- 4 Slices Green Bell or Pablano Pepper Rings
- 4 Slices Red Bell Pepper Rings
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with the oregano, salt and cayenne/chipotle pepper. Top each with a slice of cheese; cover and cook for 1 minute or until melted; remove and keep warm.
- Drain dripping's. In the same skillet, sauté the onion, pepper rings in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic, sauté one minute. Spoon over steaks and serve with rice.
Leave a review or comment