Southwest Style ~ Macaroni and Cheese!!!Prep: 13 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 7by Catherine Pappas920 recipes>
This is another perfect side dish. With Love, Catherine xo
- 2 cups cubed cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 Jalapeño – with seeds
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tsp. molasses
- 5 sun dried tomatoes
- Dashes of cumin
- Dashes of paprika
- Dashes of curry
- Dashes of chili powder
- ½ cup crushed croutons
- 1 lb. of your favorite macaroni
- In a sauce pot gently heat the milk, cheddar cheese and butter.
- In a food processor combine the jalapeÃ±o, cilantro, garlic, capers and sun-dried tomatoes. Process this mixture, leaving it slightly course.
- Add the mixture from the food processor to the milk, cheddar cheese and butter and continue to gently simmer. Add the seasonings to taste and the molasses.
- Preheat Oven 325 degrees:
- Prepare a baking dish with butter.
- Prepare the macaroni as directed, drain and place in the prepared baking dish.
- Pour the mixture from the sauce pot over the macaroni and gently toss.
- Top with the crushed croutons.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Leave a review or comment