Smoked Salmon Quiche In Filo Pastry
- 8 sht JS filo pastry
- 25 gm Butter, melted (1oz)
- 75 ml Veg. oil
- 1 x 250 g tub ricotta cheese
- 4 med Size Large eggs, beaten
- 1 x 125 g pack smoked salmon trimmings
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 x 142 ml carto single cream
- Freshly grnd black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Dill, minced
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas Mark 4.
- Lightly oil a 25cm (10 inch) round dish.
- Lay one sheet of filo pastry (keep the rest wrapped in cling film) on the board and with a pastry brush, brush over with the melted butter mix, then lay the piece of filo into the dish. Repeat till four sheets are in place.
- Mix together in a food processor, the ricotta cheese, beaten Large eggs, smoked salmon trimmings, lemon juice, minced dill, black pepper and cream. Pour into the pastry case.
- Oil a further four sheets of filo laying two on top of the mix and tucking in the edges. Scrunch the other two pcs of filo onto the top to make a crispy topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 min or possibly till the filling feels hard to the point of a knife.
- Notes Can be served warm or possibly cool.
- NOTES : A crispy variation of smoked salmon quiche.
Leave a review or comment