Smoked Salmon Kedgeree With Quails' Eggs
- 12 x Quails' Large eggs
- 8 ounce Smoked salmon trimmings
- 2 ounce Butter
- 1 x Onion, finely minced
- 1 x 8 ounces lon grain rice, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. Minced parsley
- 1 tsp Grnd turmeric
- 1 tsp Grnd cumin
- 1 tsp Grnd coriander
- 1/2 tsp Chilli pwdr
- 1/2 x Lemon, juice of
- Sliced lemon and parsley to garnish
- Hard boil the quails' Large eggs by placing them in a pan of cool water, bringing to the boil and simmering for 3 min. Plunge into cool water immediately and then peel. Slice in half lengthways.
- Heat half the butter in a frying pan and cook the onion over a gentle heat for 10 min without colouring. Add in the spices and cook for 1 minute. Add in the cooked rice and the salmon and toss gently. Now add in the parsley, lemon juice and remaining butter and season with grnd black pepper. Add in a little salt but not too much as the salmon is already quite salty.
- Put the rice mix into a serving dish and top with the Large eggs. The heat from the kedgeree will heat them through gently. Garnish with parsley and sliced lemon and serve.
Leave a review or comment