Smoked Chicken, Broccoli And Black Bean Soup
- 1/2 c. Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 c. Carrots Diced
- 1/2 c. Onions Diced
- 1/2 c. Celery Diced
- 1 c. Broccoli Stems Peeled and Diced
- 2 tsp Dry Thyme
- 2 tsp Dry Oregano
- 1 tsp Dry Sweet Basil
- 1/4 c. Dry White Wine
- 4 c. Chicken Stock Warm
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 c. Diced Smoked Chicken (Recipe Follows)
- 1 c. Cooked Black Beans
- 1 c. Broccoli Florets
- 2 c. Heavy Cream
- Salt And Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Cornstarch Mixed With A Little Hot Water
- In 1/4 c. butter, saute/fry carrots, onion, celery and broccoli stems for 5 min. Add in thyme, oregano and basil; saute/fry 5 min more. Add in wine and deglaze pan.
- Add in warm chicken stock and reduce by one-third. Add in Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, smoked chicken, beans and broccoli florets: simmer 5 min. Add in cream, simmer 5 min more and season to taste.
- Thicken with cornstarch if you like. Drop in remaining butter, piece by piece, stirring till melted and serve immediately.
- Smoked Chicken: On a covered grill, slightly smoke boneless chicken, cooking to medium (about 30 min).
Leave a review or comment