Slow Cooker Dijon Corned BeefPrep: 15 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 1by Now We're Cooking!34 recipes>
I found this recipe this morning, while searching for a slow cooker corned beef recipe that omits nasty cabbage...bleck! I am going to give this a try; will do best to remember to report back here.
- 3 pounds corned beef, trimmed of fat
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared Dijon mustard
- 10 whole cloves (or you can use 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves)
- Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Unwrap the corned beef, and remove the seasoning packet (use it in another recipe, such as roasted cabbage and potatoes) and trim as much of the fat from the meat as you can. In a small bowl, make a paste of the honey, brown sugar, mustard, and cloves. Rub this mixture on all sides of the meat. Place the meat into your crockpot, and cover. Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, or until meat pulls apart easily with a fork. Let sit for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
Leave a review or comment